We are dedicated to sales, leases, maintaining and servicing of name brand ice makers for restaurants, hospitals, hotels, grocery stores, bars and much more. Trust our expert technicians to install your new ice machine, or service your current one…
Let us help up you choose the right ice machine for your needs!
Types of Ice Machines:
- Remote Air Cooled
- Hotel Dispenser
- Ice Beverage
- Water and Ice Dispenser
Types of Ice Storage Bins
There are many types of ice storage equipment. Some are little more than insulated storage boxes; others deliver a wide range of laborsaving, sanitation and safety features. In increasing order of operational benefit, the available types are:
- Slope front bins
- B-Style: Convenient, user-friendly design, extra large door openings provide maximum access for ice removal. Extra low door sills allow staff to reach bottom of bin.
- Upright ice storage bins
- F-Style: Large Capacity equipped with a sliding gate for increased employee safety, easier ice removal and reduce spillage.
- Gravity-dispense ice storage and transport equipment
- Ice•DevIce; Elevated ice storage bins with gravity-assist dispensing and SmartCART ice transport carts
- Ice Storage and Transport Systems: The ITS is the fastest and easiest way to dispense and transport large quantities of ice without hand contact.
- Mechanical dispensing bins
- Ice Pro: Ice Pro™ eliminates the need to shovel or scoop ice from the bin. A foot pedal or push button actuates mechanical dispensing.
Refrigeration and HVAC Services
We can help determine the best walk-in cooler or freezer for our customers by taking in to consideration: product to be stored, electrical restrictions, size and every other aspect to make sure the quality and satisfaction that our customers deserve.
We provide monthly, quarterly or bi-annually preventative maintenance and service agreements to ensure the best efficiency of our customer’s equipment, as well as sales, repairs and replacement of:
- Walk-ins (Coolers & Freezers)
- Reach-ins (Coolers & Freezers)
- HVAC Systems
- R.O Systems and water filters
We provide our customers with the best options to preserve and to increase efficiency of their water needs, if it’s for direct consumption or if it’s for a better quality and extended life of their equipment.
We offer a wide range of commercial water filter systems for every need:
- Water filtration systems
- Water distillation systems
** Contact us for a free evaluation of your equipment **
Types of Ice
Understanding the different types of ice cubes that commercial ice machines can produce will help you choose the right type for your needs. Certain types of ice cubes melt slower, are easier to chew, or have specific shapes to accommodate specific applications. Check out the list below for a more detailed explanation of common ice types.
Most common; melts slower and can potentially reduce customer ice consumption compared to other types
- "Full" (approximately 7/8" x 7/8") cubes
- "Half" (half of full) cubes
- "Regular" (approximately 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" x 7/8") cubes
- “Rhomboid” shape 7/8” x 7/8” x 7/8” (2.22 x 2.22 x 2.22 cm)
Slow melting; most common in health care industry because it's softer and easier to chew than cube ice
Also called compressed nugget, or "chewblet" ice
Nugget ice machines are great for smoothies, blended drinks, and cold beverages
Flake ice machines make small, soft flakes of ice that cool rapidly and mold to any shape
Used mainly in ice displays for seafood, meat, fish, and on salad bars; can also be used in blended drinks
Softer and easier to chew than cube ice
Hard, clear ice cube with unique “rhomboid” shape 3/8” x 1-1/8” x 7/8” (0.95 x 2.86 x 2.22 cm) in dimension, 96 cubes per pound of ice, maximum cooling with nearly 100% ice to water ratio.
Hard, clear ice cube with unique “rhomboid” shape 1-1/8” x 1-1/8” x 7/8” (2.86 x 2.86 x 2.22 cm) in dimension, 32 cubes per pound of ice, maximum cooling with nearly 100% ice to water ratio
Hard, clear, individual ice cube with unique octagon shape 1-3/8” x 1-3/8” (3.49 x 3.49 cm) in dimension, maximum cooling with nearly 100% ice to water ratio.
Crystal clear, large gourmet cubes weigh 60g each and stand a proud 2” tall by 1-1/2” wide.
Small pieces of ice with a 100% ice to water ratio, dispensed by Servend’ s FLAV’R PIC ice beverage dispenser. Perfect for displaying products and hand scooping into drinks.